United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) | Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) | Nov 2022
InterWorks led the IASC Emergency Team Leadership Programme (ETLP) online training, organized by UNHCR on behalf of the IASC from 14-18 November 2022 via Zoom conferencing platform. At the request of the IASC, UNHCR serves as the institutional home for the ETLP by facilitating the tendering, overseeing the design, and ensuring the delivery of the learning program. The ETLP is an interagency blended training programme which reinforces individual team leadership competencies and fosters effective, efficient and professional leadership in humanitarian emergency team settings.
More concretely, participants in the ETLP:
- increase their capacity to lead teams effectively in emergencies
- self-assess and obtain feedback on leadership strengths and gaps
- enhance their self-awareness as a leader
- learn and practice active listening skills
- distinguish between leadership styles and their uses
- identify strategies and tips for leading teams remotely
- consider decision making factors in emergencies
- enhance negotiation skills
The weeklong online live training was preceded by two weeks of pre-workshop assignments including self-assessments, leadership assessment and consultation and readings. The instructional and learning methodology for the course combines short presentations, case study analysis, self-assessments, group discussions, table-top role plays and simulation exercises, readings, peer feedback and exchange of experiences. Following the completion of the live online course, participants also complete a leadership development activity post workshop.
La méthodologie est et reste très bonne. Les illustrations sont très intéressantes. (The methodology is and remains very good. The illustrations are very interesting.)– Workshop participant