International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP)/UNESCO | Nov 2010 – Feb 2011
InterWorks worked with IIEP and the Western and Central Africa Regional Office of UNICEF to develop guidelines to support Ministries of Education with integrating conflict and/or disaster risk reduction into national education sector plans.
The ultimate aim of the guidelines is to support ministries in reducing the risk of disaster and conflict. The Guidance Notes provide useful tips for incorporating C/DRR into each of the steps of the planning cycle including:
- conducting a diagnosis of the risks affecting the education sector
- integrating C/DRR measures into regular education policy, planning and programming interventions
- developing a relevant C/DRR strategy to respond to risks identified
- monitoring and evaluating progress on implementation of risk reduction strategies
- mobilizing human and financial resources to implement C/DRR measures